Sunday, August 7, 2011

Book Review- Smokin' Seventeen

I just finished reading Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich.

From Goodreads:

Dead bodies are showing up in shallow graves on the empty construction lot of Vincent Plum Bail Bonds. No one is sure who the killer is, or why the victims have been offed, but what is clear is that Stephanie’s name is on the killer’s list.

Short on time to find evidence proving the killer’s identity, Stephanie faces further complications when her family and friends decide that it’s time for her to choose between her longtime off-again-on-again boyfriend, Trenton cop Joe Morelli, and the bad boy in her life, security expert Ranger. Stephanie’s mom is encouraging Stephanie to dump them both and choose a former high school football star who’s just returned to town. Stephanie’s sidekick, Lula, is encouraging Stephanie to have a red-hot boudoir “bake-off.” And Grandma Bella, Morelli’s old-world grandmother, is encouraging Stephanie to move to a new state when she puts “the eye” on Stephanie.

With a cold-blooded killer after her, a handful of hot men, and a capture list that includes a dancing bear and a senior citizen vampire, Stephanie’s life looks like it’s about to go up in smoke.

When I start reading a Stephanie Plum novel, I know just what I'm going to get: a little bit of romance, some laughs, and a lot of action.  And that's just what I got.  It's a comfortable feeling.

Smokin' Seventeen was pretty predictable.  I knew early on who the main bad guy was and I'm pretty surprised that Stephanie didn't figure it out earlier.  There was quite about of steamy stuff going on, due to the "vordo".  And as usual, I found myself laughing out loud a lot due to Lula and Grandma.  I do have to say that the whole Ranger vs. Morelli thing is getting a little old.  I think she needs to pick one or the other and settle down.  At least for a couple of books.  And the book ended on a cliffhanger.  So I can't wait to read the next installment in Stephanie's life when Explosive Eighteen comes out in November!

I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 70

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free from Reviewer Rewards in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment