2011 Debut Author Challenge participant information:
The objective of the DAC is to read at least twelve novels from Young Adult or Middle Grade Authors. While twelve is the minimum there is no maximum limit! I encourage readers who can read more than twelve to do so!
Anyone can join. You don't have to be a blogger, and you don't have to live in the United States.
You do not have to have an blog written in English to participate.
You can join at anytime. Deadline to join is November 20, 2011. (not 2010 you still have PLENTY of time to sign up!) The challenge runs from January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011.
Books must be a Young Adult or Middle Grade novel.
DO NOTE: Just because a book has a teen character or is about a teen, does not mean that it is necessarily a Young Adult novel.
This must be the authors debut with a release date in 2011.
If an author has a previous novel published under adult fiction/nonfiction or children's fiction/nonfiction, they can still qualify for the challenge if they are releasing their YA or MG debut.
More challenge guidelines:
Novels must be read between January 1, 2011- December 31, 2011. That means, those of you that have read arc forms of the titles early will not be able to count those toward your challenge totals.
You can use debuts from other countries, but the novel cannot be previously released in your county. (I explain this a little bit more in the FAQ section, if you want to check that out!)
- The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney
- Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach
- The Lipstick Laws by Amy Holder
- Here Lies Bridget by Paige Harbison
- Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter
- Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris
- Clarity by Kim Harrington
- Lost Voices by Sarah Porter
- Forgotten by Cat Patrick
- Haven by Kristi Cook
- Falling Under by Gwen Hayes
- Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky
- The Sweetest Thing by Christina Mandelski
- Tempest Rising by Tracy Deebs
- The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton