Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Book Review- The Flame Never Dies

I finished reading The Flame Never Dies ( The Stars Never Rise #2) by Rachel Vincent last night for an Around the World ARC Tour

From Goodreads:

Nina Kane was born to be an exorcist. And since uncovering the horrifying truth—that the war against demons is far from over—seventeen-year-old Nina and her pregnant younger sister, Mellie, have been on the run, incinerating the remains of the demon horde as they go.

In the badlands, Nina, Mellie, and Finn, the fugitive and rogue exorcist who saved her life, find allies in a group of freedom fighters. They also face a new threat: Pandemonia, a city full of demons. But this fresh new hell is the least of Nina’s worries. The well of souls ran dry more than a century ago, drained by the demons secretly living among humans, and without a donor soul, Mellie’s child will die within hours of its birth.

Nina isn’t about to let that happen…even if it means she has to make the ultimate sacrifice.  

Rachel Vincent is one of my favorite authors, and I really liked the previous book in this series, so I was excited to read this one.  And it didn't disappoint.

The author writes in a way that just flows to me.  It's not too detail-y, but it's not scant in descriptions either.  The characters seem real (or as real as a character in a paranormal book can be) and speak in ways that sound right in my head.  And the plots always keep me engaged.  Just enough action and character development.

There were some places in the book that I found myself confused.  I'm not sure if it was because I stink at remembering exactly what happened in past books or what.  But I quickly caught on and plowed through the book. 

There were some definite surprises that I didn't see coming.  Maybe I should have, but I didn't.  And oh, one of them was really good!

I look forward to reading what's going to happen next in the series!

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

1 comment: