Monday, February 15, 2010

Book Review- Still Sucks To Be Me

I just finished reading Still Sucks To Be Me by Kimberly Pauley for an Around The World Tour.

From Kimberly Pauley's website:

WARNING! If you haven’t finished the first book yet, I highly advise you to NOT read any of the following!!

Why It Still Sucks to Be Me

1.My parents and the stupid Vampire Council are still ruining my life unlife? death (ugh, whatever).

2.Not only did they make me fake my death and funeral (I didn’t even get to go!), but I had to leave behind my BFF Serena and move. Really far away.

3.Meanwhile my boyfriend George is off “reconnecting with his parents” in Brazil. Land of beaches, bikini babes, and the biggest party in the world. He’s probably going “Mina, who?”

4.Grady asked me to Homecoming and won’t take no for an answer.

5.Did I mention cute but oh-so-complicated Cameron, the only other bloodsucking teen in town? That’s because I’m trying not to think about him, thank you very much.

6.And ugh, Raven. Is she seriously stalking Serena?

7.But the absolute worst thing is that here I am, some all-powerful (ha), all-knowing (yeah, right), in-control (totally not) vampire and my parents still get to dictate everything I do.
 
Okay, before I start my review, I just want to say that I was sent the book directly from Kimberly Pauley for the book tour and on the package she wrote Go Gators!  (If you know anything about me, you know I'm a HUGE Gator fan)  That totally made my day and she rocks!
 
This was a cute sequel to Sucks to be Me.  I read the first book back in 2008 and enjoyed it.  This book was no different!  I love how every chapter starts off with a cute Myth and Truth about Vampires and that some chapters had lists of things that suck (and sometimes rock).  I also enjoyed a lot of the pop culture that was in the story: 80's movies, you tube, The Princess Bride, Twilight, and my favorite one: Lolcats.
 
I love all of the characters in the story.  You just have to like Mina.  She's funny and witty and just seems like a real teenager.  And the mystery vampire, Cameron...I want to know more about him.  And of course we have Mina's BFF Serena and her boyfriend, George who I loved in the first story and loved in this one again.
 
The plot was pretty good too.  But I want to know more!  I want to know more about the Black Talons and the Carter family.  And I want to know what happens with Cameron! 
 
(Another side note...I'm not sure if the cover that I have on my ARC is the same one that will on the finished book, but for some reason, the color blue used really jumps out at me--I love it!)
 
This was a cute, fun, read and I can't wait to see what Kimberly Pauley writes next!
 
I gave this book a rating of 4/5.
 
Still Sucks To Be Me will be released on May 11, 2010.
 
This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 22
2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 17
ARC Reading Challenge 2010: 16
 
*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment