Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Book Review- Things I Know About Love

I just finished reading Things I Know About Love by Kate Le Vann for an Around the World Tour.

From Goodreads:

Livia's experience of love has been disappointing to say the least. But all that is about to change. After years of illness, she's off to spend the summer with her brother in America. She's making up for lost time, and she's writing it all down in her private blog. America is everything she ever dreamed of - and then she meets Adam. Can Livia put the past behind her and risk falling in love again?

When I first read the summary, I thought this book would be similar to books by Lurlene McDaniel--I loved her books growing up.  But it didn't quite live up to what I thought it would.

Livia was just okay for me.  For some reason, a lot of her journal entries and what she said just seemed sort of immature for someone who was supposed to be almost 18.  I can't pinpoint exactly what it was, that was just the impression that I got.

I really liked Adam though.  He seemed like a real sweet guy and I liked how he compared to Livia's ex, Luke. 

This book was too short for me.  It was only 167 pages and I felt like the story just kind of stopped.  I mean, there was a definite ending, but I felt that the ending needed to be longer. 

If you're looking for a quick read, then give this one a try.

I gave this book a rating of 3/5.

Things I Know About Love will be released on June 22, 2010.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 62
2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 45
ARC Reading Challenge 2010: 43

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

1 comment:

  1. It' too bad it didn't live up to expectations. I've been admiring this book but now I'll have to think hard before buying it. Thank you for the honest review.

    ReplyDelete