Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Book Review- Wayfarer

I just finished reading Wayfarer by R.J. Anderson for an Around the World Tour.

From Goodreads:

The faeries of the Oak are dying, and it’s up to a lone faery named Linden to find a way to restore their magic. Linden travels bravely into dangerous new territory, where she enlists the help of an unlikely friend—a human named Timothy. Soon they discover something much worse than the Oakenfolk’s loss of magic: a potent evil that threatens the fate of all faeries. In a fevered, desperate chase across the country, Timothy and Linden risk their lives to seek an ancient power before it’s too late to save everyone they love.

R. J. Anderson has artfully crafted a world of stunning magic, thrilling adventure, and delicate beauty, where a girl far from home must defeat the pervasive evil befalling her beloved faery realm.
 
To me, this book wasn't as good as the first one, Spell Hunter.  The characters were just okay to me, as was the plot.  I found myself getting a little confused about who was who and what was going on.  I thought it was a little slower too--I had a harder time getting into it.
 
That's not to say that it wasn't good.  I think that the younger crowd will once enjoy this one.  I just liked the first one so much better.  It seems like the ending is left for there to be another book following this one, and if so, I will definitely be picking it up.
 
I gave this book a rating of 3/5.
 
Wayfarer comes out June 22, 2010.
 
This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 65
2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 47
ARC Reading Challenge 2010: 46
 
*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment