Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Book Review- Demons are a Girl's Best Friend

I just finished reading Demons are a Girl's Best Friend by Linda Wisdom for a Sourcebooks.

From Goodreads:

Feisty witch Maggie enjoys her work as a paranormal law enforcement officer—that is, until she’s assigned to protect a teenager with major attitude and a sleazy boyfriend. A group of satanic Mayans priests has decided Courtney has a drop of divine blood in her—making her just the virgin sacrifice they need to release their God and rule the world.

To prevent this catastrophe, Maggie must team up with half fire demon Declan, the proprietor of Damnation Alley, an underground club and busy demon portal. Declan will be damned if he’ll allow his demon race to be blamed for the malicious acts of some evil Mayans. So he decides to seduce the sexy witch in an effort to discover what the law enforcement agency knows about the Mayan’s plans, but then things get more than a little hot, and Declan finds himself seriously entangled with the sexiest woman he’s ever met…
 
Okay, first off let me say that normally I find the guys on these types of books to me too much--too many muscles, too much hair, etc.  But the guy on this cover, yum!  Okay, just had to get that over with :)
 
Maggie is one kick-butt character.  I loved her!  I loved her feisty and sarcastic attitude but with that touch of girliness and slight maternal instinct.  I also enjoyed Courtney and Delcan (Half fire demon but completely hot!)  It was a nice cast of characters.  Even the elf Sybil (who I love the picture in my head of having lavendar wings..but this seems more faery than elf) and Elle, the spider tattoo (at first it freaked me out but then I grew to enjoy her). 
 
There was some action in this story, but not too much.  Just enough that it kept my attention but didn't turn me off to the story.  Overall, just a fun paranormal read.
 
I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.
 
This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 29
2011 ARC Reading Challenge: 26
 
*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free from Sourcebooks for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment