Saturday, November 14, 2009

Book Review- Fire Safety in Action

October was Fire Safety Month so we spent a week learning all about fire safety in my Kindergarten class.  I read my students the story Fire Safety in Action by Mari Schuh (from Capstone Press).  I really liked how there weren't too many words on each page (my kids can get restless) but the safety rules were direct and too the point.  And the book is slightly larger than most books I read to my class so it was easy for them to see the pictures.  The kids really liked that the pictures were real and that it was a "fact story" (they were learning about fact and fiction at the time too.)  This was a great book about how to stay safe during a fire and how to prevent fires.

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free by Capstone Press for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment