Monday, November 23, 2009

Book Review- Sex and the Psychic Witch

I just finished reading Sex and the Psychic Witch by Annette Blair.

From the back cover:

Introducing the Cartwright sisters--Harmony, Destiny and Storm--triplets and unstoppable psychic seductresses.

She could touch the past...
As the buyer for her sisters' vintage curio shop, Harmony finds her job a challenge, since she has the ability to read objects and learn things about their former owners--even their deepest, darkest secrets. Now, a Celtic ring depicting a man's empty embrace has lead her to the Paxon castle on the coast of Salem, Massachusetts.

He needed her presence...
King Paxton has inherited a haunted money pit of a castle.  He must get rid of it before he's cursed with the same bad luck that has plauged his family for generations.  But out of nowhere, a leggy blonde walks in and stops construction, insisting that a witch haunts the place.  What Harmony finds is an angry ghost, a disgruntled renovation crew, and a man who could use a harmonic convergence...

I was very excited to start reading The Triplet Witch Trilogy by Annette Blair, but I was quickly disappointed. I expected a fun, light-hearted chick-litish paranormal, but all I got was a sex-filled, annoying book.  I don't really have too much to say except that I just didn't like it.  The writing got on my nerves, especially the dialogue.  And it felt like the plot was thrown together, with random events thrown in.  And with the exception of Jake, the two-year-old little boy, I didn't really care about any of the characters.  I have the next two books in the series to read, and since I am one of those people that has to follow through, I will read them next.  I can only hope that I like them more than this one.

I gave this book a rating of 2.5/5.

This book fulfilled an item in the following challenge:
Paranormal 999 Challenge: Ghosts (can also be used as witches)
What An Animal II Challenge: 6

*FTC Disclosure: I received this copy of the book from a friend. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice honest review...I like the cover though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always frustrating when a book you've been looking forward to lets you down. Stop now! Don't do it to yourself! Trust me, as someone who tried to force herself to finish the Twilight series, PUT IT DOWN NOW if you already know you're not going to like it! ;)

    ReplyDelete