Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Book Review- Out for Blood

I just finished reading Out for Blood by Alyxandra Harvey for an Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

Hunter Wild is the youngest in a long line of elite vampire hunters, a legacy that is both a blessing and a curse at the secret Helios-Ra Academy, where she excels at just about everything. Thanks to her friendship with Kieran Black, Hunter receives a special invitation to attend the coronation of Helena Drake, and for the first time, she sees the difference between vampires that must be hunted and vampires that can become friends—or even more. When students at the academy fall victim to a mysterious illness, Hunter suspects they are under attack from within. She will need someone she can trust to help her save the future of Helios-Ra . . . help that shockingly comes in the form of Quinn Drake, a drop-dead gorgeous vampire. Who said senior year would be easy?

Ok, so I have to be honest.  I remembered loving the first two books in The Drake Chronicles but I couldn't remember why.  I didn't remember much of the plot or any of the characters, just the overall feeling of liking it.  And once I dove into this third installment into the series, I immediately remembered why.  The story and the characters are just fun!

I love the characters.  Once again, this story goes back and forth between two characters, a male and a female.  There starts off with tension between the two and ends up with a romance.  Throw in humor and kick-butt characters and that's my kind of book!

I had half of this book figured out, and half not figured out.  I figured out the illness pretty early on, but not who was behind it.  That came as a complete shock to me at the end.  And I read in the interview in the back of the book that there will be another book in the series about Quinn's twin brother Conner, and I can't wait!

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

Out for Blood will be released on December 21, 2010.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 128
2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 96
ARC Reading Challenge 2010: 91

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment