Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Book Review- Forgotten

I just finished reading Forgotten by Cat Patrick for a Book-It Forward ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

Each night when 16 year-old London Lane goes to sleep, her whole world disappears. In the morning, all that's left is a note telling her about a day she can't remember. The whole scenario doesn't exactly make high school or dating that hot guy whose name she can't seem to recall any easier. But when London starts experiencing disturbing visions she can't make sense of, she realizes it's time to learn a little more about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.

Part psychological drama, part romance, and part mystery, this thought-provoking novel will inspire readers to consider the what-if's in their own lives and recognize the power they have to control their destinies.
 
Oh my, I loved this book!  Right off the bat, it reminded me of the movie 50 First Dates with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore (which I loved, by the way) but with one important difference--London "remembers" the future.  Her "memories" are all about things that are yet to happen.
 
And characters--man, were they great.  I loved, loved, LOVED London!  For the problem that she had to go through every, single day, she was still incredibly normal.  No sulky, moody teen there (which she would have been entitled to be).  And Luke--hello!  I want a guy like that!  Seriously--a guy who completely gets London and understands!  And even Jamie, London's best friend who is the complete opposite of her.  They just work so well together.
 
I did not want to put this book down.  I originally started it at about midnight last night thinking that I would just read a few chapters before bed. Then at 2am. I had to MAKE myself put the book down and go to sleep.  I didn't want to let go! 
 
There are all sorts of twists in this book that I definitely didn't see coming.  It kept me wanting to know what was going to happen next!  And the way the book was written, it just flowed so well.  I can't stop raving about this book!  I think that if I have any complaint at all, its that I wish the epilogue told us more about what happened to London, Luke and the surprise at the end!  ( I checked and there is no sequel to be written, but Paramount bought the rights to the book!  Ooh, I want to see it!)
 
I gave this book a rating of 4.5/5.
 
Forgotten will be released on June 7, 2011.
 
This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 23
2011 ARC Reading Challenge: 21
2011 Debut Author Challenge: 9
2011 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 19
 
*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Book It Forward ARC Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment