Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Book Review- A Touch Morbid

I just finished reading A Touch Morbid by Leah Clifford for an Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

Eden won the battle-she saved her true love from the darkest evil. But the war has only just begun. With secrets swirling around her, powerful allies unraveling, and life-and death-as she knows it eroding, Eden and those she loves tread dangerous ground. Can she trust anyone? Will her unearthly powers be her salvation or her downfall? A sweeping, dark, and sexy paranormal romance that will haunt readers with an inventive mythology and a cinematic New York City filled with shadows and longing.

I want to like this series.  I really, really do!  Unfortunately, I had the same reaction to this book as I did the first one.  It was waay too confusing.  Once again, the names of the different groups of people was never explained.  I was just supposed to know, or remember, who everyone was.  And I was supposed to remember what happened in the last book.  There was no refresher at all.  And since I read it over a year ago, and more than 100 books, ago, I had no clue.  So I was really lost this time.

I had a hard time staying interested in this book.  I caught myself nodding off a lot, which almost never happens.  And not because the story was boring.  But because I just didn't get it.

And that's all I really have to say about the book.  I can't give it a low rating because for me to do that, I would have to dislike the book.  Which I didn't.  I was just confused the whole time.  Sigh.

I gave this book a rating of 3/5.

A Touch Morbid will be released on February 28, 2012.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 115
2011 ARC Reading Challenge: 93
2011 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 93

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment