Saturday, May 12, 2012

Book Review- So Close To You

Early this morning, I finished reading So Close to You by Rachel Carter for an Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

Lydia Bentley has heard stories about the Montauk Project all her life: stories about the experiments that took place at the abandoned military base near her home and the people who’ve disappeared over the years. When she stumbles into a vessel that transports her to a dangerous and strange new reality, Lydia realizes that all the stories she’s ever heard about the Montauk Project are true—and that she’s in the middle of one of the most dangerous experiments in history.

Alongside Wes, a darkly mysterious boy whom she is wary to trust, Lydia begins to unravel the secrets surrounding the project. But the truths behind these secrets force her to question all her choices. And if Lydia chooses wrong, she might not save her family but destroy them... and herself.


This is another one of those books that is completely out of the realm that I normally read.  I had no clue this was a book about time travel (I thought it was paranormal for some reason...obviously I didn't read the summary that closely).  If I had, then I never would have read it.  But I'm so glad that I did!

Lydia was okay for me.  I do think that its weird that she was so okay with the whole travel thing right off the bat--I would think that she would have been pretty freaked out. And I didn't like her relationship with Wes.  She fell in love with him so quickly and there was nothing really redeeming about him.  That being said, I LOVED Mary.  Such a bubbly, warm girl!  It sounds weird, but if she were a real person, I would totally be friends with her in real life.

The whole premise of the story was pretty interesting.  The whole time machine was intriguing as was the way the recruiting worked (although horrifying!)  There were some pretty good twists and turns.  And the one at the very end, the last sentence, makes me want to be able to pick up the second book in the trilogy now!

I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.

So Close to You will be released on July 10, 2012.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2012 Reading Challenge 150+: 40

2012 ARC Reading Challenge: 35
2012 Debut Author Challenge: 11
2012 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 37

 *FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment