Saturday, June 22, 2013

Book Review- Requiem

I just finished reading Requiem (Delirium #3) by Lauren Oliver yesterday.

From Goodreads:

They have tried to squeeze us out, to stamp us into the past.

But we are still here.

And there are more of us every day.

Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has been transformed. The nascent rebellion that was under way in Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight.

After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven—pockets of rebellion have opened throughout the country, and the government cannot deny the existence of Invalids. Regulators now infiltrate the borderlands to stamp out the rebels, and as Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous terrain, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland as the fiancĂ©e of the young mayor.

Maybe we are driven crazy by our feelings.

Maybe love is a disease, and we would be better off without it.

But we have chosen a different road.

And in the end, that is the point of escaping the cure: We are free to choose.

We are even free to choose the wrong thing.

Requiem is told from both Lena’s and Hana’s points of view. The two girls live side by side in a world that divides them until, at last, their stories converge.


I enjoyed this final book in the Delirium trilogy.  It was packed with action and just a little bit of romance.

I do have to say that I don't remember much about the first two books in the series.  And I didn't really get much help in the way of remembering.  But I still enjoyed it. 

I liked how the story was told from both Lena's point of view and from Hana's point of view.  And I think the two sides came nicely at the end.

All of the characters were well written.  Once again, I loved Lena and Julian and my feelings for Alex changed at the end (I won't tell you which way). 

But the end left me wanting more.  It didn't answer all my questions.  Alex or Julian?  What happens to Hanna?  What becomes of the "cure" or freedom?  I think there could easily be a fourth book.

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2013 150+ Reading Challenge: 31
2013 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 26

*FTC Disclosure: I borrowed this book from a friend.

1 comment:

  1. Great books for you this week! I hope you enjoy them. Have a great week!
    Brittany @ Spare Time book blog
    My IMM: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/06/in-my-mailbox-31.html

    ReplyDelete