Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Book Review- The Assassin and the Empire (Throne of Glass #0.4)

I finished reading The Assassin and the Empire (Throne of Glass #0.4) by Sarah J. Maas last night.

From Goodreads:

Celaena Sardothien is the assassin with everything: a place to call her own, the love of handsome
Sam, and, best of all, freedom. Yet, she won’t be truly free until she is far away from her old master, Arobynn Hamel; Celaena must take one last daring assignment that will liberate her forever. But having it all, means you have a lot to lose . . .

This fourth fantastic e-novella gives readers an inside look at the characters who appear in the full-length novel Throne of Glass. Don’t miss out!


This novella definitely had me interested.  I think it's because I already knew the outcome but didn't know all the details.  And I knew that it was going to be sad.  So I was eagerly turning the pages (well, pressing the button on my Nook) to see what was going to happen next.  And I was right.  But it was intriguing to see just how Celaena got to where she was at the beginning of the first full book in the series.  This was definitely a must read to get insight into her life and what made her who she is.

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

*FTC Disclosure: I borrowed this book from a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment