Sunday, January 17, 2016

Book Review- Relativity

I finished reading Relativity by Cristin Bishara last night for an Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

There are so many moments Ruby Wright wishes she could change. The moment her dad uprooted her from California to live in backwoods Ohio with their new stepfamily. The moment she moved away without telling her best friend George she loved him. The moment a car accident ended her mother's life.

But no one can rewrite time. At least, that's what physics-obsessed Ruby believes.

Then she stumbles upon a lightning-powered tree—a doorway to a series of parallel universes. How many possible worlds will Ruby have to explore to find the one with the perfect combination of people, relationships, and experiences? And is she willing to risk everything she has to get back what she has lost?

With a deft blend of science and heart, Cristin Bishara's thought-provoking debut novel explored the laws of time and space...and the even more mysterious nature of love and loss.


The premise of this story was definitely interesting.  Or at least the part about being able to go into a tree, turning a wheel, and coming out in a parallel universe.  I loved reading about the differences in each universe (well, most of them--the native american one was weird).  I liked reading how  just one little difference could change so much.

But the whole scientific part of the story just lost me.  String theory and all that just doesn't really interest me that much.  As for Ruby, I liked her and didn't like her.  I liked that she was different, mostly.  But once again, some of the science parts bored me.

I felt like the book kind of wrapped up too quickly.  It was pretty short so I think that more could have been added towards the end.

I gave this book a rating of 3/5.

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment