Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Sunday Salon- January 18, 2009



Well, this week my boyfriend's family came into town for 2 nights before they went on a Disney cruise. We live in a three bedroom condo (with one bedroom that is an office). Originally, there was going to be basically 6 adults and 3 children and only 2 beds! Finally his brother's family decided to stay in a hotel so we put his sister and her husband in the guest bedroom and his 2 nieces on the floor. I was stressed all week with cleaning--his sister is so nice and basically what I want to be like when I am a parent--she never raises her voice with her girls--and they are so well behaved! Her house is spotless, but its warm and inviting. And after 10 years of marriage, she and her husband still seem to be very much in love. And the whole week, my boyfriend told me not to stress about cleaning, that they wouldn't care, but I told him that it was still was an impression on me. Anyways, its over now and we had fun!

I did manage to finish and review the following books this week:
Here's the Story: Surviving Marcia Brady and Finding My True Voice by Maureen McCormick (rating: 3/5)
Demons Are Forever by Julie Kenner (rating: 4/5)
Deja Demon by Julie Kenner (rating: 3/5)

I just started Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith. And next up is Jennifer Scales and the Ancient Furnace by MaryJanice Davidson.

1 comment:

  1. I was really curious about Maureen's book. I'll check out your review.

    ReplyDelete