Saturday, October 3, 2009

Book Review- Red-Headed Stepchild

Earlier this morning I finished reading Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells.

From the back cover:

Sabina Kane's life is...complicated.

In a world where being of mixed-blood is a major liability, Sabina has the only profession fit for an outcast: assassin. But her latest mission threatens the fragile peace between the vampire and mage races and Sabina must scramble to figure out which side she's on. She's never brought her work home with her---until now.

This time, it's personal.

I enjoyed reading this book by Jaye Wells. There was a bunch of action with a little of romance and humor thrown in. (A demon who is turned into a hairless cat and made to wear sweaters.) I hadn't hear of mages until this book and had to look up what it meant (it's a person who has magical abilities). I don't really have too much to say about the book except that this is the first book in a trilogy, and I will be putting the other books on my WL!

I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5

This book fulfills items in the following challenge:
Paranormal 999 Challenge: Mages (could also be used as vampires, demons, faeries)

3 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this book, but it looks interesting. The mages sound interesting, since I used to read fantasy like 24/7, so thanks for introuducing me to a new book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read this one. I know it's a series so maybe I'll wait til the next book is available?

    ReplyDelete
  3. woo.. this one looks really good. Added 2 my TBR pile :D

    ReplyDelete