Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Sunday Salon- August 22, 2010


The Sunday Salon

We had Meet the Teacher on Friday.  A bunch of my kids from my past years came to visit--I love seeing them grow up.  My first ever class is in 5th grade this year.  So big!  And I miss my kids from last year!

This year I will have 17 kiddos in my class to start the year off and all of them came on Friday.  I think that's a record!  Hopefully that will be a sign of a good year!  They are definitely cute.  But I always forget how they come in so untrained (for a lack of a better word).  It takes awhile for them to get the hang of routine, especially for those kids that didn't go to pre-k.  I am always so stressed out the day before the first day of school.  Last night I had a dream that we were late for lunch and that I got the way the kids went home all mixed up.  Yikes!  Who knows what tonights dreams will be like!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly tomorrow!  I can't wait to see them!

I finished and reviewed the following books this week:
I Can't Keep My Own Secrets: Six-Word Memoirs by Teens Famous and Obscure edited by Rachel Fershleiser and Larry Smith of Smith Magazine
With Friends Like These by Sally Koslow
Violet Wings by Victoria Hanley
Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers
Across the Pond by Storyheart
Monster High by Lisi Harrison









I fulfilled items in the following challenges this week:
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 108, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114
2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 79, 80, 81, 82, 83
ARC Reading Challenge 2010: 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80
2010 Debut Author Challenge: 32
What's In A Name? 3 Challenge: Body of Water
 
I am currently reading Extraordinary by Nancy Werlin and up next is Nevermore by Kelly Creagh.

2 comments:

  1. The students start back to school on Thursday. I am always stressing the night before and I've been teaching a while. I have dreams like you too.
    Have a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great list of books - I liked the cover on Across the Pond; shame that it didn't live up to expectations in your review though.

    ReplyDelete