Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Sunday Salon- January 22, 2012

The Sunday Salon

So my school is getting rezoned and we are losing half of our kids.  We are going from 13 kindergarten classes to 6.  And they are keeping teachers based on seniority.  I am right in the middle.  I found out early this week that I am being offered a position in 1st grade.  Not exactly what I wanted to hear.  Yes, I'm grateful that I have a job, but there is another teacher who is like my twin.  We do everything together both in and out of school.  And I hate that I'm being split from her.  We would still be in the same school but none of our times would be together.   Plus for some reason, the idea of teaching first grade scares me! So I was considering interviewing at the new school to see if I could get a kindergarten position there.  But then on Friday, I was offered the position of teaching pre-k.  It's a lot more contact time with the kids with not really any planning time and I would have to get to school earlier and leave later for the same pay.  But for some reason I think I like this idea better.  I still wish I could just stay in Kindergarten!

I finished and reviewed the following book in the past week:
Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
Hallowed (Unearthly #2) by Cynthia Hand
Forbidden by Syrie James & Ryan M. James
Love is the Higher Law today by David Levithan













I fulfilled items in the following challenges in the past week:
Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge: Dead Reckoning
2012 Reading Challenge 150+: 6, 7, 8, 9
2012 ARC Reading Challenge: 6, 7
2012 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 5, 6, 7
2012 Sophomore Reading Challenge: 2
2012 TBR Pile Reading Challenge: 1

I am currently reading A Want So Wicked by Suzanne Young and up next is Dreaming Awake by Gwen Hayes.

No comments:

Post a Comment