Monday, January 16, 2012

Book Review- Dead Reckoning

I just finished reading Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris.

From Goodreads:

With her knack for being in trouble's way, Sookie witnesses the firebombing of Merlotte's, the bar where she works. Since Sam Merlotte is now known to be two-natured, suspicion falls immediately on the anti-shifters in the area. Sookie suspects otherwise, but her attention is divided when she realizes that her lover Eric Northman and his "child" Pam are plotting to kill the vampire who is now their master. Gradually, Sookie is drawn into the plot-which is much more complicated than she knows...

Wow.  Talk about blood and gore.  I think this was by far the most violent and gory book of the series.  Yuck.  It was almost too much violence for me to really enjoy it.

That being said, there some definite twists and turns in this book.  And I'm not really sure what to think of Sookie and Eric's relationhip now.  I'm not sure if this new turn of events is a good thing or a bad thing.

And we learn more about Sookie's family line and how her "gift" came to be.  I think all of the involvement of her grandma in the past kind of surprised me. 

Anyways, since this is such a long series, most of the books run together and are similar so I don't really have too much to say!

I gave this book a rating of 3/5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge: Dead Reckoning
2012 Reading Challenge 150+:  6

*FTC Disclosure: I traded this book with a friend.

1 comment:

  1. Well you still gave it 3.5 which is rather good. Do you think it's more writing for the TV series? or is true to the original series?

    ReplyDelete