Saturday, March 23, 2013

Book Review- Before I Wake

I finished reading Before I Wake (Soul Screamers #6) by Rachel Vincent today.

From Goodreads:

I died on a Thursday—killed by a monster intent on stealing my soul. The good news? He didn't get it.

The bad news? Turns out not even death will get you out of high school…

Covering up her own murder was one thing, but faking life is much harder than Kaylee Cavanaugh expected. After weeks spent "recovering," she's back in school, fighting to stay visible to the human world, struggling to fit in with her friends and planning time alone with her new reaper boyfriend.

But to earn her keep in the human world, Kaylee must reclaim stolen souls, and when her first assignment brings her face-to-face with an old foe, she knows the game has changed. Her immortal status won't keep her safe. And this time Kaylee isn't just gambling with her own life….


I love the Soul Screamers series!  It always takes a little bit for me to remember what happened at the end of the previous book, but once I do, its so easy to get absorbed in! 

I still love Kaylee.  And I still love Tod.  And I really love Kaylee and Tod together!  He's so sweet and protective of her!  And can I just say that I wish I could blink myself wherever I wanted to go! 

There was some great plot aspects in this book.  There was a shocking event at the end that had my jaw hanging open.  I can't believe there's only one more book left in the series.  So sad!  But I can't wait to see how Rachel Vincent wraps it all up in With All My Soul.  It comes out in 3 days and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2013 150+ Reading Challenge: 17
2013 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 14


*FTC Disclosure: I traded this book with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment