2013 Debut Author Challenge
Challenge GoalsI love the Debut Author Challenge because it accomplishes two very awesome things – obviously it helps debut authors out with exposure, but it also helps readers find debut books that they might have otherwise missed, and I think that’s pretty awesome.
So, with that in mind, I’m asking that each participant come up with a list of at least twelve (12) debut books to read and review in 2013. You can read as many as you want, but in order to be eligible for the grand prize, you must have read and reviewed at least twelve (12).
Rules/GuidelinesJust a few simple rules/guidelines to help things run smoothly!
1) You must have a blog, a Goodreads account, a YouTube account, an Amazon account – any where you can post your reviews and share them with others.
2) There is no deadline to join the 2013 Debut Author Challenge, but make sure you give yourself enough time to achieve the goal!
3) ARCs of 2013 debuts read before January 01, 2013 do not count towards your challenge goal.
4) The 2013 debuts must be read between January 01, 2013 – January 31, 2014 to count for the 2013 Debut Author Challenge. The extra month is to allow participants more time to read the December releases.
4) 2013 debuts must be young adult or middle grade in order to count towards the challenge.
5) The title must be the author’s young adult or middle grade debut. If they have previously published an adult title, and this is their first young adult/middle grade title, that counts towards the challenge. If this is their second young adult/middle grade title, it does not count towards the challenge.
Note: I’m removing this rule. I was under the impression that it was easier to buy debuts in your own country, but based on feedback I’ve received in comments and e-mails, it sounds like it’s not! So if you live in Australia or India or wherever, and it’s easier for you to buy a US/UK debut on your kindle or purchase a book through the Book Depository or whatever, go for it – that will count.
7) Each review equals one entry in the monthly prize pack. If you post six review of debut titles in January, you have six entries to win the January prize pack.
That’s it! That’s all the rules for joining and participating! There is more information here regarding contests and other resources for the challenge.
Here are some buttons for challenge participants – but feel free to make your own!
If you are an author and interested in what you can do, please click here!