Friday, March 1, 2013

2013 Sophomore Reading Challenge-- March Update


2013 Sophomore Reading Challenge

What books count towards the SRC?
Any second YA or MG book published by an author in 2013 counts – it can be the second in a series, a new series, or a standalone. The only requirement is that it is the SECOND book the author has published in the YA or MG realm (and it must publish in 2013 in your home country)! There is a Goodreads group for the challenge, which includes a selection of books that would count for the challenge – as you can see, there are probably many many books on that list you are planning on reading already :)
The list will be updated as I’m able, but please feel free to read ANY Sophomore book! It does not have to be the second book in a series, just the second YA/MG book the author has published, period.
When does the challenge run?
Books read before January 2014 count for this challenge. This includes books you may have access to now in ARC form!
Why should I join this challenge?
Reading debut novels is AWESOME. It is by far my favorite challenge – it allows me to find many new authors that I love. What better way to support these authors than to read their next published book?
What are the guidelines of the challenge?
Your challenge is to read 10 sophomore YA/MG novels in 2013. To officially participate, you need a Goodreads account or blog where you post reviews in English.
What should I do if I’m an author coming out with a sophomore novel?
I would love to feature you on my blog! Please e-mail me (shanynlee at gmail.com) and let me know if you’d like to be interviewed, featured, would like to offer a giveaway, etc.
How do I join?
Link your blog or Goodreads account below, and make a list of the sophomore novels you’re looking forward to :)
There will be prize packs given away to challenge participants throughout next year. You will receive an automatic entry for signing up to participate – options for additional entries will be announced at the time of the giveway.

  1.  The Elite (The Selection #2) by Kiera Cass
  2.  
  3.  
  4.  
  5.  
  6.  
  7.  
  8.  
  9.  

No comments:

Post a Comment