Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Book Review- Love in the Time of Global Warming

I just finished reading Love in the Time of Global Warming by Fransesca Lia Block for and Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

Seventeen-year-old Penelope (Pen) has lost everything—her home, her parents, and her ten-year-old brother. Like a female Odysseus in search of home, she navigates a dark world full of strange creatures, gathers companions and loses them, finds love and loses it, and faces her mortal enemy.

In her signature style, Francesca Lia Block has created a world that is beautiful in its destruction and as frightening as it is lovely. At the helm is Pen, a strong heroine who holds hope and love in her hands and refuses to be defeated.


Once again, I am apparently in the minority on Goodreads.  Apparently a lot of people liked this book.  I, however, did not.

Ok, I give it that the writing was descriptive.  But to me, that's about the only good thing.  It wasn't descriptive in a good way.  The plot was horrifying and gory.  And there were too many random things.  Giants and Sight and Earth Shakers. and mythology.  Oh and don't forget the butterflies.  And I didn't like Pen at all.  The only redeeming quality she had to me was the love for her brother.  This whole thing just didn't work for me.  And that's all I have to say about that!

I gave this book a rating of 2/5.

Love in Time of Global Warming will be released on August 27, 2013.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2013 150+ Reading Challenge: 16

2013 ARC Reading Challenge: 11
2013 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 13
2013 Standalone Reading Challenge: 4
2013 Quick Fix Challenge: 7

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment