Monday, December 17, 2012

The Sunday Salon- December 16, 2012

The Sunday Salon
First off, the tragedy on Friday broke my heart.  I teach Kindergarten so my babies are just about the same age.  I kept thinking about what I would have done in that situation and just how I would have kept them safe.  I mean, we do the drills every year but really having to think about it was heartbreaking.

On Friday I had my sports medicine doctor appointment.  He said that he thinks it IT Band syndrome and wants me to have physical therapy twice a week for 3 weeks.  He said I could run and it wouldn't hurt me, but that it wouldn't help me heal either.  And advised after the race the next day not to run for three weeks.  But I have a half marathon in 4 weeks!!  Saturday, we ran our 5k.  We went all out--red shirt and short, and red/green/white tutu that we made, green & white plaid knee-high socks with white puffiness at the top, jingle bells on our shoes and in our hair, a candy cane striped Sweatyband and reindeer antlers.  I was so scared to run.  I was completely pain free for the first 1 and a half miles then only had very slight pain for the rest.  Not enough to even slow my pace down at all!  I was fine right after too but I was very sore later that night.  I felt a lot of pressure on my knees.  Well, when I got up on Sunday, my thighs were very sore (like I had just started running, not been running for over a year!) but had no pain in my knees!!  I was shocked!  Today they are a little bruised feeling if I touch it hard or bump into something, but no pain when I go up/down steps or bend down!  So now I'm trying to decide if I should "be good" and still not run and only cycle to stay in shape (which makes me panic thinking about how sore my muscles were after only running a 5k!) or "be bad" and try to slowly pick back up on training!  I think I might try to run 30 mins tomorrow to see how I do!

I finished and reviewed the following books last week:
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer











The Farm by Emily McKay











Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi











I fulfilled items in the following challenges last week:
2012 Reading Challenge 150+: 86, 88, 89
2012 ARC Reading Challenge: 71, 72
2012 Young Adult Reading Challenge:74,  76, 77
2012 Mammoth Book Challenge: 9, 10
2012 Debut Author Challenge: 22
What's in a Name? 5 Challenge: Type of House

I am currently reading The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin and up next (if I don't get a tour book) is The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahearn.

No comments:

Post a Comment