Sunday, October 10, 2010

Book Review- Catching Fire

I just finished reading Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.

From Goodreads:

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

This was the second book in The Hunger Game series by Suzanne Collins.  Once again, its an action-packed story.  It was still mostly plot based but I did get a little bit more feel of the characters.

I started to like Katniss more in this book.  She still seems a little distant but she seemed more real to me in this book.  And I'm definitely Team Peeta.  I love his character and his personality.  I do have to say that usually when I'm reading a book, I can see the characters clearly in my mind.  But I can't really see any of these characters.  I don't know if there wasn't a really good description of them in the book, or if my mind just can't pick up on it but they're kind of faceless.

This book was once again written so well.  The description of the world that Katniss and Peeta live in is so well described that I can easily see this part in my mind.  And the way the action is written, its like a real movie (with featureless characters) flowing through my mind. It's great! 

The ending left me a little confused.  Without giving it away---I don't think I fully get what happened at the end.  And the very last sentence of the book--huh??  Did it mean ever, or just now that there is an uprising?  I'm so glad I have Mockingjay to dive into!

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 135
2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 102

*FTC Disclosure: I bought this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment