Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Book Review- Desires of the Dead

I just finished reading Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting for an Around the World Tour.

From Goodreads:

The missing dead call to Violet. They want to be found.

When Violet Ambrose's morbid ability to sense the echoes of those who've been murdered leads her to the body of a young boy, she draws the attention of the FBI. She is reluctantly pulled into an investigation that will endanger more than just her secret...but her relationship and possibly her life as well.

I remember when I read the book that came before this one, The Body Finder, that I stayed up all night reading.  I was hooked and couldn't put it down.  So when I saw the sequel, I knew that I had to read it!

And while I think The Body Finder was better, this one still had me intrigued the whole way through.  Unfortunately, I couldn't stay up all night readint it, but I definitely wanted to!

Once again I just loved the characters of Violet and Jay.  Jay is just so sweet and romantic.  The picnic that he planned in the woods...sigh...I want one of those!  And Violet is down to earth.  I love how she does what feels right to her and follows her heart.  And the passion between Jay and Violet--wow!  It's hot!

The plot of the story will definitely have you thinking.  I had an idea who it might be, then I changed my mind, then I changed it again, and I finally guessed it right before Violet figures out who it was.  And I like the new aspect of Violet joining the special group that has talents.  I'm wondering if there might be another book and if we'll get a more in-depth look at that.  I sure hope so!

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

Desires of the Dead will be released on March 15, 2011.

This book fullfills items for the following challenges:
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 143
2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 109
ARC Reading Challenge 2010: 100

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment