Sunday, January 18, 2009

Book Review-Tantalize


I finished Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith tonight.

From the back cover:
Quincie Morris has never felt more alone. Her hyprid-werewolf first love is threatening to leave her forever. And just as she and her uncle are about to unveil Austin's first vampire-themed restaurant, their chef's brutal murder leaves Quincie scrambling to transform fresh-faced Henry Johnson into a culinary Dark Lord in time for opening night. But there's more than meets the eye to this new hire, and Quincie is about to learn a whole lot about love... and blood.

I don't know what it was, but this book just didn't draw me in. I didn't find that I really liked any of the main characters. I don't know if it was the plot or the descriptions or characterizations or what. I just know that while I was reading it, I was ready for the book to be over and didn't really care what happened.

I gave this book a rating of 2/5.

This book fullfills items for the following challenges:
Paranormal 999 Challenge: Vampires (can also be used as werewolves)
A to Z Challenge: Z (since z is a hard letter, I will use any book with a z in the title)

No comments:

Post a Comment