Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Book Review- Just Like Me, Only Better

I finished Just Like Me, Only Better by Carol Snow on the plane yesterday on the way home from Denver.

From Goodreads:

From the author of Here Today, Gone to Maui, the story of a woman who finally got a life...some else's.

Ever since Veronica's husband found the love of his life-not her-she's been a walking zombie with runny mascara. It doesn't help that she keeps getting mistaken for Haley Rush-the Hollywood starlet whose dazzling life is plastered on every magazine.

When Haley's manager offers Veronica a job as a celebrity double, it only takes a moment before she says yes. Veronica gets to drive Haley's car, wear her phenomenal clothes-and have fun with her hot celebrity boyfriend, Brady Ellis. Too bad the job's only part-time, and at the end of the day she has to return to her life as a cash-strapped substitute teacher and cub scout mom.

But when real sparks fly with Brady, is it a fantasy come true or a disaster in disguise?

This was a fun chick-lit book!  I've always tried to figure out what famous person I look like, but can never think of one.  I think if played right, looking like a celebrity could be a lot of fun.

I really liked Veronica.  She seemed so down-to-earth and real.  She seemed like she could be your best friend.  And I can't decide about Haley.  Sometimes I felt like she was a spoiled brat, and other times I just plain felt sorry for her.

The plot was good.  Most parts of the story were predicable.  But to know the result and to know how you get to that result are two different things.  And while I knew what the outcome would end up being, I didn't predict how we would get there. 
This book is pure fun and I would love the chance to be a celebrity look-alike!

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

Just Like Me, Only Better is being released today.  And come back tomorrow for a giveaway and guest blog from Carol Snow!

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 44
ARC Reading Challenge 2010: 30
2010 Chick Lit Challenge: 6

*FTC Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book by Joan Schulhafer Publishing & Media Consulting for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment