What books qualify?
Any YA contemporary published in 2010, 2011, or 2012. I have lists on Goodreads that show a selection of possible books for each year but this list is NOT exclusive! As long as it was published in one of those years you may count it towards your challenge list! (And note: anyone can “vote” for a book on Goodreads, so it’s best to check the publication date yourself before officially counting it towards your challenge just in case someone added it in error.)
Contemps published in 2010
Contemps published in 2011
Contemps to be published in 2012
When does the challenge run?
Books read in 2012 count towards this challenge.
Can I count books read here for other challenges?
Sure! The goal here is to get everyone to read a few extra contemporary books, so whatever works for you works for me (Make sure your other challenges allow this before counting for both, though!)
Are there places to participate besides on my blog?
Yes! There is a Goodreads group where you can post reviews and talk about the contemporary books you’re reading
*I am choosing the number 5
- A Closer Look by Karen DelleCava
- Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
- Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James
- Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James
- Fracture by Megan Miranda
- Keep Holding On by Susane Colasanti
- Miracle by Elizabeth Scott
- Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale
- 7 Clues to Winning You by Kristin Walker
- Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols
- Belles by Jen Calonita
- Welcome, Caller, This is Chloe by Shelley Coriell
- When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle
- Over You by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
- Just Say Yes by Phillipa Ashley
- Happily Ever After by Harriet Evans
- Marrying Up by Wendy Holden
- The Sweetness of Forgetting by Kristin Harmel
- Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally
- 34 Pieces of You by Carmen Rodrigues
- Easy by Tammara Webber