Saturday, November 21, 2009

Book Review- My Soul to Save

I just finished reading My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent.

From the back cover:

When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies.

So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn't wail, she knows something is dead wrong.  She can't cry from someone who has no soul.

The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad's ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend's loyalty to the test.  But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls for a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld--a consequence they can't possibly understand.

Kyalee can't let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk...

I was so excited when I got the ARC of My Soul to Save in the mail.  And it didn't let me down.  This was a second great installment of the Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent.  Just as in her last book, My Soul to Take, I loved all of the main characters in the book.  I love Kaylee and Nash together.  Aside from the fact that they are both bean sidhes, they seem like a very real in-love teenage couple.  And I like the fact that we get to see a softer, more real side of Tod in this story. 

We also get to see what the Netherworld is like.  And the creatures in that world gross me out!  They are the stuff of my nightmares!  But I like the concept of the alternate world and its relation to ours--its pretty neat.

The ending surprised me.  I expected it to go one way, and it only half went there.  But it fit and I liked it.  I can't wait to read My Soul to Keep!

I gave this book a rating of 4.5/5.

This book fulfilled an item in the following challenge:
Paranormal 999 Challenge: Misc (bean sidhes)

*FTC Disclosure: I received this copy of the book from the publisher for an honest review.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds good! It's so hard to find something fresh and new in fantasy but I'll be looking for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good review. I wish I had gotten an ARC... I love the cover, hate the final cover!!!

    ReplyDelete