Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Book Review- Gone with the Witch

I just finished reading Gone with the Witch by Annette Blair.

From the back cover:

Beautiful bad girl Storm Cartwright can be charming when she wants to be.  So when she hears the sound of a baby crying every time she's near Aiden McCloud, she turns on the charm. Because she's sure the weeping means a child is in need--and that the handsome antiques restorer is the key to finding that helpless child.

From the start, Aiden is attracted to Storm.  Yet this gorgeous got girl won't stop talking baby nonsense.  Then Storm sets up a seductive trap, kidnapping him in his very own RV!  While Storm follows the sound of the cries, something magical starts happening between her and Aiden.  But can they keep the magic alive once Storm finally finds what she's looking for?

This is the second book in The Triplet Witch Trilogy.  I really wasn't too fond of the first book, Sex and the Psychic so I was hoping this one would be better.  And it was.  Not a lot better, but I enjoyed it more.  The writing didn't seem as annoying to me.  And I liked the characters in this story more.  But I still felt like elements of the plot were just thrown into the story.  I mean, these elements would have worked if more background had been built up.  I have the third book in the series, Never Been Witched, to read next and hopefully it will be the best of the three.

I gave this book a rating of 3/5.

This book fulfilled an item in the following challenge:
Paranormal 999 Challenge:Psychics/Sensitives
A to Z Reading Challenge: G

*FTC Disclosure: I received this copy of the book from a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment