Saturday, November 21, 2009

Friday Memes

I know I am a day late on all of my Friday memes so I am putting them in one post



Here are my finds for the week:


The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May & June- Robin Benway

Three sisters, three extraordinary, life-changing powers!
I hugged my sisters and they fit against my sides like two jigsaw pieces that would never fit anywhere else. I couldn’t imagine ever letting them go again, like releasing them would be to surrender the best parts of myself.

Three sisters share a magical, unshakeable bond in this witty high-concept novel from the critically acclaimed author of Audrey, Wait! Around the time of their parents’ divorce, sisters April, May, and June recover special powers from childhood—powers that come in handy navigating the hell that is high school. Powers that help them cope with the hardest year of their lives. But could they have a greater purpose?

April, the oldest and a bit of a worrier, can see the future. Middle-child May can literally disappear. And baby June reads minds—everyone’s but her own. When April gets a vision of disaster, the girls come together to save the day and reconcile their strained family. They realize that no matter what happens, powers or no powers, they’ll always have each other.

Because there’s one thing stronger than magic: sisterhood. (From Goodreads.com)


Someday My Prince Will Come- Jerramy Fine

Snow White meets Bridget Jones in the hilarious true story of a girl who is more than a little bit determined to live happily-ever-after…
 Jerramy Fine wants to be a princess. At age 6, she announces that she is going to meet and marry the Queen of England’s grandson and even as she gets older, not once does she change her mind! But growing up with hippie parents in the middle of a rodeo-loving farm town makes finding her prince a bigger challenge than Jerramy ever bargained for. How can she prepare to lead a royal life when she’s surrounded by nothing but tofu and tractors?

Jerramy spends her lonely childhood writing love-letters to Buckingham Palace, and years later, when her sense of destiny finally brings her to London, she dives head first into a whirlwind of champagne-fuelled society parties in search of her royal soul mate. She drinks way too many martinis and kisses far too many Hugh Grant look-a-likes, but life in England is not the Disney fairytale she hoped it would be. Her flatmates are lunatics, London is expensive, and British boys (despite their cute accents) are infuriating. Sure, she’s rubbing shoulders with Princess Anne, Earl Spencer and the Duchess of York – but will she ever meet her prince? (From Jerramy Fine's website)




1. We need to start thinking about our future.
2. Kory told me I was cute and it made me smile.
3. If you want it, you have to work for it.
4. I am in a good mood because Kory went with me to see New Moon.
5. Massachusetts has a proposed 5% sales tax on elective cosmetic surgery; I think that makes a lot of sense..put it toward education!
6. Friends, family, and good food makes for a happy holiday.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to (Friday) going to a piano bar and midnight bowling, tomorrow my plans include (Saturday) watching the Gator game and going to see New Moon and Sunday, I want to go to the Wine Room for good wine and cheese with Brit!






Breakfast
What is your favorite menu item you will eat at your Thanksgiving feast? mmm...stuffing!!!
Lunch
What are you most grateful for at THIS moment? besides the obvious ones?  right now, that I have boyfriend who will go with me to see a movie that he has absolutely no interest in, just because he knows how much I want to see it
Dinner
What will be different about this year's Thanksgiving? nothing that I can think of
Midnight Snack
Where are you spending Thanksgiving this year and what part of the menu are preparing? Kory, Brit, and I are driving up to my parents house.  And I am lucky/spoiled enough that my parents always make all of the food.
Recipe of the Week (instead of your recipe for life, what is it just for this week?) Even if you think you will get beaten, if you try your hardest, you will get farther than you think.






1. Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
2. Turn to page 56.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like).
5. Post a link along with your post back to Storytime with Tonya and Friends.
 
" ' She didn't know what she was doing, Nash, and she still doesn't.'  Tod leaned forward, glaring into the rearview mirror."
~From My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent

3 comments:

  1. we have the same for number 3. thanks for visiting me @ goodluckhomepage.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of Someday My Prince Will Come before, but I'm really curious now, thanks for sharing.

    Yum, stuffing! My favorite part, and none for me, again, this year. Maybe next year...

    ReplyDelete