Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Book Review- Barbie & the Beast

I just finished reading Barbie & the Beast by Linda Thomas-Sundstrom.

From the back cover:

A Hairy Situation
Barbie Bradley was swept off her feet - literally. One moment the twenty-something was traversing Forest Lawn Cemetery in the dead of night with her best friend, the next she was thrown like a sack of potatoes over a man's shoulder. True, she and Angie had come to this odd locale for a singles party, but this wasn't quite how she'd planned to get picked up.

Hello Dolly!
Darin Russell found "Ms. Right" at work, which was suprising because girls in the cemetery were usually a tad, in a word, stiff. Not that this one couldn't stand to loosen up. She seemed particularly sensitive about being named after the Mattel toy, and before he popped the question he had to know how she'd react to his furry little secret. You see, though he had a tuxedo and a Porsche, he had more in common with the residents of the Miami Zoo than Ken. And if things went according to plan, Barbie was going to see his animal side.

This book was just plain fun.  There was nothing deep or serious about the book--just a light-hearted, silly (in a good way!) romance with a paranormal side.  I read it in one day!  The main characters, Barbie and Darin, were endearing and I felt myself rooting for them to get together.  If you're looking for a charming, easy-to-read love story, then I recommend this one.

I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.

This book fulfilled an item in the following challenge:
Paranormal 999 Challenge: Were-animals

*FTC Disclosure: I traded this book with a friend

2 comments:

  1. Sounds adorable, like a cute twist on Beauty and the Beast. Might pick it up sometime if I'm looking for a light read. Nice review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually sounds like a pretty fun, light read. I'll have to look for it, I'm on a light reading kick lately!

    ReplyDelete