Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Book Review- Bleeding Violet

I just finished reading Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves for an Around the World Tour.

From the back cover:

Love... can be a dangerous thing.

Hanna simply wants to be loved. With a head plagued by hallucinations, a medicine cabinet full of pills, and a closet stuffed with frilly, violet dresses, Hanna's tired of being the outcast, the weird girl, the freak. So she runs away to Portero, Texas in search of a new home.

But Portero is a stranger town than Hanna expects. As she tries to make a place for herself, she discovers dark secrets that would terrify any normal soul. Good thing for Hanna, she's far from normal. As this crazy girl meets an even crazier town, only two things are certain: Anything can happen and no one is safe.

Wow.  I think that might be the weirdest book I have ever read.  I'm not sure what to think or write about it.  And I'm not sure if I liked it or not.  I do know that it was extremely gory.  I do know that there were a bunch of times were I was confused as to what things were and what was happening.  I do know that I liked the two main characters- Hanna and Wyatt.  But I'm not sure if I liked the book.

I felt bad for Hanna.  She so wanted to be loved by her mother but she was one messed up girl.  And I liked Wyatt.  I felt like he did care about Hanna, although there were times when I wanted to ring his neck for his obviously still-there feelings for Petra. 

As for the plot, there was just too much weirdness going on for me to really enjoy it.  I did read it quicker than I thought I would, but I just couldn't really get into it.  I dunno...if you're looking for a unique, off-the-wall book, then this would be it.

I gave this book a rating of 2.5/5.

This book fulfilled an item in the following challenge:
Paranormal 999 Challenge: Misc (alternate reality)
 
*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

1 comment:

  1. I think I might pick this one up anyway...the plot sounds just so interesting.

    ReplyDelete