Saturday, December 26, 2009

Book Review- Last Vampire Standing

I just finished reading Last Vampire Standing by Nancy Haddock.

From the back cover:

I know.  A vampire princess would have to be nuts to live in the Sunshine State, what with all that sun shining.  But, hey, St. Augustine is beautiful and it's my home.  Plus, I have good friends, nice new digs, and no major problems-- until a stranger from the Atlanta nest crashes my party, looking for sanctuary.

A budding stand-up comin, Jo-Jo's running from an undead superior who's eager to drive a stake through the heart of his dream job.  But Jo-Jo's bad jokes aren't the only dark clouds on the horizon.

A psychotic vampire with a murderous agenda has followed Jo-Jo to Florida, putting everyone close to me in danger.  I might be a lousy vampire, but I'm determined to find out what it all has to do with an energy-sapping plague that's knocking off the country's head vamps.  Even if it kills me.  Again.

This was a second great novel in the series by Nancy Haddock.  I once again enjoyed reading about an area where I grew up in (and the Florida Gators were acutally mentioned in this story!).

The characters were the same that I loved in the first book in the series, La Vida Vampire, but a lovable Jo-Jo was added this go round.  You couldn't help but laugh at his jokes, even if they were corny.  And the plot was fun and had me guessing until the end.  But I want to know more about Triton.  I haven't seen where there is going to be another book in the series, but I sure hope there is going to be one!

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

This book fulfilled an item in the following challenge:
Paranormal 999 Challenge: Shape-shifters (can also be used as vampires)

*FTC Disclosure: I traded this book with a friend

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for bringing this one to my attention! I haven't heard of this series yet...adding book one to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete