Saturday, December 19, 2009

Book Review- The Next Thing on My List

I just finished reading The Next Thing on My List by Jill Smolinski.

From the back cover:

After a car accident in which her passenger, Marissa, dies, June Parker finds herself in possession of a list Marissa has written: "20 Things to Do by My 25th Birthday." The tasks range from inspiring (run a 5K) to daring (go braless) to near-impossible (change someone's life). To assuage her guilt, June races to achieve each goal herself before the deadline, learning more about her own life than she ever bargained for.

This was a cute chick-lit story.  I really enjoyed all of the characters.  I really felt for June.  I can't imagine trying to help Marissa, a stranger, out (by giving her a ride home) and then being in a car accident in which she died.  And I love how June wanted to take on the list that Marissa made to honor her.  I loved and felt for Deedee, the fourteen year-old honor student that made one mistake that would forever change her life.  And I really liked Troy, Marissa's older brother.  He seemed so sweet and caring and understanding.

This book made me think about the things that I want to accomplish in my life- both big and small.  And even though its just a fiction story, it makes me realize that I need to put myself out there and do the things that are important to me, even if it seems challenging or like it will never happen. A great, heart-warming read.

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

*FTC Disclosure:  I traded this book with a friend

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds like a great read! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this a year or two ago and remember liking it. Glad you enjoyed it too.

    ReplyDelete