Thursday, June 18, 2009

Book Review- Flirting With Boys

I just finished reading Flirting With Boys By Hailey Abbott for TeensReadToo.

Celeste isn't looking forward to spending the summer apart from her boyfriend of almost a year, Travis. But after Travis pulls a senior prank at graduation, and gets caught, he has to work off his debt at Celeste's family's resort, Pinyon Ranch, where Celeste has to work every summer. Celeste realizes it could be the perfect summer...

Until she remembers that Nick Saunders will be there. Nick's family is one of the wealthiest customers at the resort and Celeste's parents want her to do whatever it takes to make them happy. And Nick is intent on flirting with Celeste, even after she warns him that she has a boyfriend.

Celeste spends the summer trying to make sure that the boys stay away from each othe so no fights erupt, but Travis isn't happy that she has to spend so much time with Nick planning a party for the film festival.

Something happens at the end of the summer and Celeste has to choose between the two boys..will it be Travis, her almost-a-year boyfriend, or Nick, the rich hottie?

This was a cute teen romance story. It was a quick read. While there wasn't a lot of depth to them, I liked the characters. As I was reading the story, I found myself thinking "I'm so glad Celeste's with Travis" and other times I thought "Celeste should so be with Nick!" This would be a great beach read for an older young adult!

I gave this book a rating of 3/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment