Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Book Review- Accidentally Dead

I just finished reading Accidentally Dead by Dakota Cassidy.


From the back cover:


It's a lousy first day on the job for Nina Blackman when a patient, loopy from the anesthesia, bites her. At least he was cute. But for real drama she can't beat the next evening. Nina wakes up with a set of razor-sharp fangs, bionic vision, supersonic hearing, and a taste for blood. There must be a good explanation. There is. It's her patient, Long Island vampire Greg Statleon.


A visit to his Long Island castle hardly results in a cure. Greg claims there isn't one. Unfortunately, Nina isn't wild about her lifestyle change--or the danger that goes along with it. She's determined to prove this infuriating vampire wrong. It's a shame he's so irresistible. It's a bigger shame that he's dead. On the other hand, they're perfect for each other--if Nina's willing to commit to one man for eternity.


This was another fun paranormal read. I liked Nina's outgoing and brash personality, and it touched my heart when Lou, Nina's grandmother, told Greg why she was that way. I am left wondering about the third friend, Wanda. In the book, Nina notices that something is wrong with Wanda, so I'm looking forward to reading about what that is in the next book in the series, The Accidental Human.


I gave this book a rating of 3/5.


This book fullfills items in the following challenges:
Paranormal 999 Challenge: Vampires

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting! I think I'm going to add this one to my wish list!!!

    ReplyDelete