Saturday, July 11, 2009

Book Review- Peace, Love & Baby Ducks



Carly and Anna are two sisters who are very close in age, but very far apart in personality. Carly is a sophomore in high school who is very skinny after spending six weeks of the summer working outdoors in Tennessee. She wants to be different than the "Barbies" (as she calls them) at her preppy Catholic School. Anna is a freshman in high school who suddenly grew a large chest over the summer, has all the right curves and is beautiful. All of the boys want her, but she is seen as a sex object. The story deals with their relationship and the trials of high school life.

I read this book in one sitting. I really could identify with parts of both Carly and Anna. I could totally understand how Carly wanted to be different and wanted to be accepted for that. But I could totally see how Anna didn't want to be different and wanted Carly to accept HER for that. This was a great sisterly story (it made me wish I had a sister). I found myself laughing out loud at a bunch of what the sisters said. There was also a great love story with Carly. Who should she choose-the cool, guitar playing Cole or the always there for her, Dutch Roger? And I loved all the ducky references. Overall, a really cute teeny-bopper story!

I gave this book a rating of 3/5.
This book fullfilled items in the following Challenge:

I reviewed this book for TeensReadToo.

No comments:

Post a Comment