Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Author Interview- Tricia Rayburn

Back in April, I had the chance to read Siren by Tricia Rayburn and really enjoyed it.  Read my review here.  Now I was lucky enough to get to ask Tricia some fun questions!

1. What kind of research did you have to do to write your story about Sirens?
I spent some time reading up on sirens in mythology, but they were really just my jumping-off point. I wanted SIREN to be a modern, unique story, so I spent much more time brainstorming my characters and the world of Winter Harbor.

2. Will there be a sequel? If so, can you give us the title, aprox date it will be released and tell us something about it?
Yes, there will be a sequel! The title’s in the works, but it should be out next summer. It’ll follow Vanessa as she deals with being back at school for her senior year, struggles with physical challenges and abilities, and confronts fears both old and new.

3. Did you have input on your cover of Siren? (I think it’s beautiful, especially the colors!)
I’m so happy you like the cover! I do, too. The concept was all Egmont—they had the idea from the day they bought the book!

4. What book are you currently reading right now and why?
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford. I’d heard such great things about it I had to check it out!

5. What is your guilty pleasure, food-wise?
It’s a toss-up between mint chocolate chip ice cream and cheesy nachos with fresh guacamole!

Yum!  Thanks for letting us get to know you!

No comments:

Post a Comment