Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Sunday Salon- July 25, 2010

The Sunday Salon

So I feel like everyone is getting married--but me.  Today we are going to a friend's engagement party, which should be a lot of fun!  I am in her wedding, but its not for another year so there's plenty of planning time.  This past week I have spent stressing out about throwing a bridal shower for a different friend whose wedding I am in.  I am the only bridesmaid that lives near the bride so I am planning the whole thing by myself and stressing out!  I have never thrown any kind of party before (just because I don't like this stress) and honestly, I can't wait til its over!  Anyone have any good ideas/suggestion for throwing a great bridal shower?  (I am sending out recipe cards with the invites and the guests are bringing in a appetizer/side dish/dessert along with the recipe on the card.)

I finished and reviewed the following books this week:
Stork by Wendy Delsol
Forget You by Jennifer Echols
Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris
Firelight by Sophie Jordan


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I fulfilled items in the following challenges this week:
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 94, 95, 96, 97
2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 71, 72, 73
2010 Debut Author Challenge: 30, 31
ARC Reading Challenge 2010: 70, 71
Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge: Dead as a Doornail
 
I am currently reading Waxed by Robert Rave and up next is Rich Again by Anna Maxted.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Sunday Salon.
    have fun at the engagement party :)
    How about Bridal Shower Games? Last bridal shower I went to we played Bridal Shower Bingo. I'm sure you can find ideas online. good luck :)


    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sympathize with your planning stress. I am no help there, I would be just as frazzled. Maybe our blogger community will have some ideas for you. Have a good week and try to take deep breaths.

    ReplyDelete