Thursday, July 22, 2010

Book Review- Dead as a Doornail

I just finished reading Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris.

From Goodreads:

Sookie Stackhouse is a cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana. She's pretty and well-mannered and has only a few close friends - which isn't surprising, since not many people can appreciate Sookie's abilities as a mind reader. It's not a quality that has the guys beating down her door - unless they're vampires, werewolves, or other supernatural beings. And now some of them aren't just friendly - they're family.

When Sookie sees her brother Jason's eyes start to change, she knows he's about to turn into a werepanther for the first time - a transformation he embraces more readily than most shapeshifters she's known. But her concern for her brother becomes cold fear when a sniper sets his deadly sights on the local changeling population - and Jason's new panther brethren suspect he may be the shooter.

 Now, Sookie has until the next full moon to find out who's behind the attacks - unless the killer decides to find her first.

This is the fifth book in Sookie Stackhouse series.  We are introduced to a couple of new characters in this installment.  I do find it interesting that Sookie has gone through most of her life with no love interests and now she has more than I can count! (Although I miss the Eric from the last book).  The books are starting become pretty patternish, but I guess thats what happens when you read a series.  The books are enjoyable though, and I look forward to starting the next one in the series, Definitely Dead.

I gave this book a rating of 3/5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge: Dead as a Doornail
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 96

*FTC Disclosure: I traded this book with a friend.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read this series yet. This one sounds okay, but definitely makes me hesitant to start the series :/

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete