Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Book Review- Ghostgirl Homecoming

I finally got around to reading Ghostgirl Homecoming by Tonya Hurley.

From Goodreads:

Charlotte Usher discovers that the afterlife isn't quite what she pictured when she's forced to intern at a hotline for troubled teens. Before she can officially cross over, she'll have to be a source of guidance for one such teen. The problem is she doesn't have much advice to offer since dying hasn't exactly boosted her confidence level.

But when Hawthorne High's leading, love-to-hate cheerleader Petula and her gothic little sis' Scarlet find themselves suddenly resting-in-peace in comas, Charlotte's opportunity to save them will prove to be the risk of a lifetime-for all of them.
 
This book was like a typical sequel in that it isn't as good as the first book is.  This book just seemed really far fetched.  Not that the premise could ever really happen, but for some reason to me, this one just seemed really out there.
 
It was still a fun read though.  I once again loved Scarlett's sarcasm and one liners.  She's just so funny! 
 
And I really liked what happened at the very, very end.  I didn't see it coming and I'm really glad that it did.  It ended the book on a really good note.
 
I gave this book a rating of 3/5.

This book fulfilled an item in the following challenges:
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 125 
2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 93
ARC Reading Challenge 2010: 88

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free from the publisher for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment