What is the 2010 Debut Author Challenge?•The objective is to read a set number of YA (Young Adult) or MG (Middle Grade) novels from debut authors published this year.* I'm going to challenge everyone to read at least 12 debut novels! I’m hoping to read at least 30! You don’t have to list your choices right away, but if you do feel free to change them throughout the year. I will also be focusing on mostly Young Adult novels.
•Anyone can join, you don’t need a blog to participate. If you don’t have a blog you can always share your views by posting a review on Amazon.com/BarnesandNoble.com/GoodReads/Shelfari, or any other bookish site.
•The challenge will run from January 1, 2010- December 31, 2010. You can join at anytime!
* I would like to limit the novels to those released in 2010.
You’ll have to do all the research to make sure a novel meets the criteria for the challenge. I do have a few sites that can help with your search; 2010: A Book Odyssey/The Tenners, AuthorsNow & The Class of 2k10.
If you're still unsure... I've tried to make a list of titles that meet the criteria at GoodReads: 2010 Debut Authors.
More Challenge Guidelines:
•authors that have "adult" titles currently published but are debuting a YA/MG novel in 2010 can be included in your challenge lists. This goes for authors that have childrens books published as well.
•novels must be read between the dates of January 1, 2010 - December 31, 2010 to count toward your challenge total. (this means if you've read a 2010 debut novel in 2009, it doesn't count..... but!)
•reviews posted in 2010 will count toward the monthly prize packs, even if you read the novel in 2009. Does that make sense? For example I've read debut author Jennifer Hubbard's novel The Secret Year, in 2009. But I will not be posting my review until closer to its release date in 2010. So, even though it can't be counted as one of my "challenge" books, I could still use its review for a prize pack entry.
•please do list the 2010 debut novels you've already read in your challenge lists. That way other participants can find out about a book they might not have otherwise.
**I finished my challenge of 12 but am going to keep going to see how many I read.
- Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore
- A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker
- The Naughty List by Suzanne Young
- Explorer X-Alpha by LM Preston
- The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
- Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson
- Princess For Hire by Lindsey Leavitt
- Wish by Alexandra Bullen
- Dirty Little Secrets by C. J. Omololu
- Whisper by Phoebe Kitanidis
- The Tension of Opposites by Kristina McBride
- Everlasting by Angie Frazier
- Tell Me a Secret by Holly Cupala
- The Beautiful Between by Alyssa B. Sheinmel
- The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
- Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready
- Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
- The Summer of Skinny Dipping by Amanda Howells
- The Turning: What Curiosity Kills by Helen Ellis
- Change of Heart by Shari Maurer
- Numbers by Rachel Ward
- Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
- The Line by Teri Hall
- The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
- Birthmarked by Caragh M. O'Brien
- Forget-Her-Knots by Amy Brecount White
- Salvaged by Stefne Miller
- The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade
- Stork by Wendy Delsol
- Firelight by Sophie Jordan
- Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers
- Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
- Paranormalcy by Kiersten White