Sunday, September 19, 2010

Book Review- Trance

I started and finished Trance by Linda Gerber on the plane ride home from Denver today for a We Love YA! tour.

From Goodreads:

It begins with a subtle vibration, a tingling.
There is time to take only one breath.
The trance begins.
When it is through, Ashlyn is certain of two things:
Someone she knows is about to die.
And she is powerless to stop it.
 
This was an engaging story.  I pretty much engulfed it in a little over an hour on the plane.  The premise isn't really new but I still enjoyed it all the same.  I felt so bad for Ashlyn.  I could feel her pain and her guilt.  And I loved Jake!  He was such a great male character and so there for Ashlyn. 
 
I get the feeling that this might be a beginning to a series, or there at least might be a sequel.  The ending was definitely left on a cliffhanger and I want to know what Ashlyn sees in her last trance!
 
I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.
 
Trance will be released on October 14, 2010.
 
This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 127
2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 95
ARC Reading Challenge 2010: 90

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of We Love YA! tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment