Sunday, September 19, 2010

Book Review- Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Stories of Paranormal Love

I finished reading Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love edited by Tricia Telep on the plane ride home from Denver today for a Book It Forward ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

If you can possibly thirst for more mysterious metaphysical accounts of love, Trisha Telep has organized some of the greatest and most thrilling tales of paranormal paramours since The Eternal Kiss. She presents the acclaimed literary talent of thirteen unique authors, creating a collection of stories that will undoubtedly capture the imagination of every soul who dares to read them. Werewolves, ghosts, zombies, vampires, and fallen angels drive the plot of these riveting romances.Kiss Me Deadly includes the exceptional writings of several authors, including: - Sarah Rees Brennan (faeries) - Becca Fitzpatrick (angels) - Caitlin Kittredge (witches) - Karen Mahoney (vampires: sequel to story from The Eternal Kiss) - Daniel Marks (ghost kids) - Justine Musk (sorcerers) - Diana Peterfreund (unicorns) - Michelle Rowen (demons) - Carrie Ryan (zombies) - Maggie Stiefvater (werewolves) - Rachel Vincent (banshees) - Daniel Waters (zombies) - Michelle Zink (gothic ghosts)

This was one of the better anthologies that I have read.  In fact, there was only one story that I didn't like--the one by Daniel Marks, a pseudonym of an adult urban fantasy author.  I just couldn't follow that story.  It confused me and I never really connected with it.

I think my favorite story was Familiar by Michelle Rown.  I liked the main character and the plot.  And I love the way she writes.

And I liked Fearless by Rachel Vincent.  I'm not positive, but pretty sure that this was sort of a prequel to the Soul Screamers series.  It was about an old girlfriend of Nash's, before he met Kaylee.

Unfortunately, I read an ARC and the story by Becca Fitzpatrick wasn't in there.  I would have liked to have read hers.

Overall, a fun book with lots of great authors.

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

This book fulfilled an item in the following challenges:
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 126
2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 94
ARC Reading Challenge 2010: 89

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Book It Forward ARC Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment