Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Sunday Salon- September 19, 2010

The Sunday Salon

Kory and I flew out to Denver for a friend's wedding.  I was a bridesmaid.  We had a lot of fun! 

The guy who owened the wedding place (and was also the event planner, DJ, and meat carver) was a complete jerk.  One of the other bridesmaids and I had brought in a spread for us to eat while we were getting ready, and we included wine and champagne.  When I got it set up, the guy came in and started taking the bottles.  I started joking with him and asked if he was taking my bottles.  He glared at me and said "You can't have these here." I asked him why not.  He sarcastically replied "Where in the USA can you bring alcohol in?"  And I told him that I have brought wine in for a the wedding party to drink while we were getting ready other times before and he told me that he would provide us with drinks.  He listed off some wines and when I asked for a certain kind which is the only kind the bride and another bridesmaid and I drink he said no, threw up his hands and said "Go ahead and drink it.  Everything else is out the window anyways."  The wife of one of the groomsmen brought in beer for the guys to drink while they were getting ready and she got yelled at as well.

Then later in the day, the mom of the bride told the guy that there were supposed to be 14 tables and started yelling at her and telling her she only told him 10.  I was standing there the night before when she said 14 and when she pulled out her list that she had emailed him, it was for 14 tables.  There were other incidents throughout the night as well.  I just can't believe the guy was so rude.  He's in the service business.  He should be accomodating on such a special day, and nice as well!

Anyways, we ended up having a blast and the bride and goom looked so happy!

I finished and reviewed the following books this week: 
Ghostgirl Homecoming by Tonya Hurley
Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love edited by Tricia Telep
Trance by Linda Gerber












I fulfilled items in the following challenges this week:
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 125, 126, 127
2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 93, 94, 95
ARC Reading Challenge 2010: 88, 89, 90
 
I am currently reading Out For Blood (The Drake Chronicles #3) by Alyxandra Harvey and up next is Halo by Alexandra Adornetto.

2 comments:

  1. Perfectly dreadful person!

    Here's my Sunday Salon:
    www.readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    I hope you will stop in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so crazy - especially for a wedding!

    ReplyDelete