Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Book Review- Being Nikki

I just finished reading Being Nikki by Meg Cabot.

From the inside cover:

Em was sure there couldn't be anything worse than being a brainiac in the body of a teenage supermodel.

But it turned out she was wrong.

It turns out she has a mother who's gone mysteriously missing, a brother who's shown up on her doorstep demanding answers, a former best friend who's intent on destroying Stark Enterprises, and a British heartthrob who's written a song about her that's topping the charts.

How can Em balance all that with school and runway shows--especially when she's got ex-boyfriends crawling out of the woodwork who want more than just a photo op, a sister who is headed to the high school cheerleading championships, and a company she represents that seems to be turning to the dark side.

Not to mention trying to convince the love of her life that models aren't really airheads after all...especially one model in particular.

This is the second book in the Airhead series by Meg Cabot. And I loved it just as much as the first one! I really like the way that Em is written. I can totally relate to her. And the way she feels about Christopher, looking back at my high school years, I can totally relate. The book ended on a cliffhanger--and I want to read more NOW :) I didn't see the ending coming at all. The only thing I don't like is that now I have to wait for the next book in the series, Runaway, to come out!

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

Thanks to Meg Cabot for sending me a copy of this book. This book is being released today!

No comments:

Post a Comment